Session 2 builds skills and confidence to work with and improve the mental health and wellbeing of others using evidence based techniques. It includes what to do when someone expresses bleak and even suicidal thoughts and
sources of further help and support.
Learning outcomes: By the end of this 1 day session you will have:
* Refreshed your understanding of the Connect 5 model i.e. the link between those things that happen to us (situations) and how this impacts upon our feelings, thoughts, behaviours and physical responses)
* Reviewed those elements that enhance positive conversations
* Explored and practiced a range of conversation tools that can help you have more in depth and supportive conversations with someone with poor mental wellbeing.
* Considered how to support someone experiencing very bleak thoughts including those of self-harm and suicide and learnt about other sources of support
* Learnt about the importance of self-care and maintaining our own positive wellbeing
Connect 5 takes the position that we don’t need to be mental health specialists to support those who are experiencing emotional and mental health problems.
To book you will need to register on the council website OR by phone Tel: 01225 394 210
*Contact details will be passed on to the organisation delivering the training*